http://www.bosbirding.org/grants.htm 03/09/2005 05:38:29 PM
GRANT APPLICATION FOR 2005 AWARD
Proposal Deadline: March 31, 2005
The Buffalo Ornithological Society makes annual monetary grants in support of activities related to the society's purpose and interests.
- Ornithological studies and research projects
- Projects such as bird habitat preservation and nesting projects
- Funding for college undergraduate and graduate projects
Persons and organizations residing in the BOS study area dedicated to birds and their welfare including:
- Ornithological societies, bird clubs or groups in which bird concerns are an integral part
- Individuals, both BOS members and nonmembers
- College students including those attending out of area schools (Students must have a faculty sponsor.)
- Applicants may request grants up to $750.00
- The actual amount awarded will be recommended by the Special Projects Fund Advisory Committee based on funds available, proposal quality and monetary requirements of the project.
- Requests may be made for continued funding of previously approved projects
- When the proposed project has been completed, the grant recipient must make a written report to the Society.
- The grant recipient may be required to present or participate in a program on the subject before the BOS membership at a regular meeting.
Please download and print this form (http://www.bosbirding.org/pdf/grant_application.pdf) as your application cover sheet. Carefully follow the instructions and be sure to forward: (1) your cover sheet, (2) your detailed description of proposed activities and (3) your itemized budget.
Mail your completed application to:
Special Projects Fund
c/o Dr. R. L. DeLeon
381 Cadman Drive
Williamsville, NY 14221